Rs 38 lakh seized from two vehicles in Bihar
Patna: A sum of Rs 38 lakh was today seized from two vehicles during election related checking at Anjanpir in Vaishali district, police said.
Rs 30 lakh were seized from a SUV and Rs eight lakh from another car when they were stopped at a police checkpoint for election related checking to curb use of money, liquor and other undesirable things to influence voters, SP Suresh Prasad Chaudhary said.
Drivers of the two vehicles were detained in this connection.
"We have informed the Income Tax department about the seizure and they are investigating the matter. The Election Commission is also being informed about the incident. The origin of the money is being verified," he said.
The SUV carrying Rs 30 lakh was moving from Sonepur to Hajipur and the car from which Rs 8 lakh was seized was going from Hajipur to Mahua.
So far, security personnel, flying squads and surveillance teams have seized around 2.4 crore in Bihar since the Lok Sabha elections were declared in March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city