Rs 4.52 cr cash, liquor seized during election checks
Rajahmundry(AP): Cash over Rs 4.5 crore and liquor have been seized as a part of election raids in various parts of East Godavari district.
"So far, Rs 4,52,90,000 cash, liquor and other material have been seized from various persons as part of election raids in the district. The raids are continuing in the district, and police squads have intensified checking of vehicles at various check posts," East Godavari District Collector Neetu Prasad said in a statement.
Prasad advised people to carry proof while carrying huge amounts.
She said 4,056 polling stations will be set up in the district for the Lok Sabha election in three constituencies - Amalapuram, Rajahmundry and Kakinada ? and 19 Assembly seats to be held on May 7.
There are 37,98,181 voters in the district, she said adding that 18,200 employees have exercised their franchise through `postal ballot` in the three parliamentary constituencies, as they are appointed on election duty in several parts of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise