Rs 4.52 cr cash, liquor seized during election checks
Rajahmundry(AP): Cash over Rs 4.5 crore and liquor have been seized as a part of election raids in various parts of East Godavari district.
"So far, Rs 4,52,90,000 cash, liquor and other material have been seized from various persons as part of election raids in the district. The raids are continuing in the district, and police squads have intensified checking of vehicles at various check posts," East Godavari District Collector Neetu Prasad said in a statement.
Prasad advised people to carry proof while carrying huge amounts.
She said 4,056 polling stations will be set up in the district for the Lok Sabha election in three constituencies - Amalapuram, Rajahmundry and Kakinada ? and 19 Assembly seats to be held on May 7.
There are 37,98,181 voters in the district, she said adding that 18,200 employees have exercised their franchise through `postal ballot` in the three parliamentary constituencies, as they are appointed on election duty in several parts of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'