RSS admits managing BJP`s election campaign in UP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh leader Indresh Kumar on Friday denied that the Sangh is communal and hit out at politicians who oppose the RSS calling them fools.
In an interview to a news channel, Kumar said BJP`s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee are similar, and even compared both of them to Subhash Chandra Bose and Mahatma Gandhi.
While Modi`s close aide Amit Shah is BJP`s UP in-charge for the ongoing General Elections, the RSS leader admitted that the Sangh is managing BJP`s poll campaign Uttar Pradesh to ensure 100 percent voting in the state which has 80 Lok Sabha seats.
Kumar also took potshots at Congress leader Digvijay Singh over his affair with television journalist Amrita Rai, saying that it is one of his many mistakes, while adding that it is wrong to compare Modi`s Jashodaben episode with Digvijay`s extra-marital affair. “Modi is a saint and Digvijay is a hedonist,” Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch