RSS office abuzz with activity
New Delhi: `Kehsav Kunj`, the RSS office here, was abuzz with activity as BJP leaders on Sunday kept visiting it ahead of government formation under leadership of Narendra Modi.
Senior party leader Kalraj Mishra and Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan were among the leaders, who met the RSS leadership this morning.
Talking to reporters after his meeting, Vardhan said that BJP leaders keep visiting the RSS office from time to time and downplayed talk that the visits were linked to Cabinet formation exercise.
Mishra, one of the old guards in the party, said that both BSP chief Mayawati and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav should introspect as to why voters had negated them and lauded Modi, saying people have voted for his leadership and his programmes.
"Dynasty and casteism have been negated in this Lok Sabha polls and for the first time Lok Sabha elections had happened on the plank of good governance and development.
"There is a huge credibility of Modi among people and when he is talking about development and good governance, people have trusted him. People have openly supported the leader and the issues raised by the leader," he said.
He also said that the Lok Sabha results in Uttar Pradesh show that the people have given their verdict against the Samajwadi Party government in the state.
"If they have been completely wiped out in this election, they should be compelled to think why it happened. Mayawati should also think why her vote base drifted away from her," Mishra said.
Modi`s close aide Amit Shah had spent nearly two hours at Keshav Kunja yesterday. Shah, along with some other BJP leaders, had a meeting with Modi at Gujarat Bhavan.
Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and MP from Jhansi Uma Bharti and former Chief Minister of Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa had also visited the RSS headquarters.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Murli Manohar Joshi and Smriti Irani had also visited the RSS headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?