`RSVP model` helps in multiplying earnings: Narendra Modi
Katihar: In a retort to Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi`s criticism of Gujarat model of development, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday described UPA`s governance as "RSVP model" in which a person was able to multiply his earnings from Rs one lakh to Rs 400 crore in five years.
Commonly seen in invitation cards and letters, `RSVP` stands for "Repondez s`il vous plait", a French phrase which means `Reply if you please`.
However, giving his own meaning to `RSVP`, Modi decoded it as "Rahul, Sonia, Vadra and Priyanka" while addressing a rally here.
In an apparent reference to Robert Vadra, husband of Priyanka Vadra, he said "it`s the magical effect of RSVP model of development that a person`s earning rises from Rs one lakh to Rs 400 crore in five years."
"Those laughing at the Gujarat model please tell us about the RSVP model", said the Gujarat chief minister.
Pointing to Sanjay Baru`s book `The Accidental Prime Minister`, he alleged UPA government was in the hands of "Maa betey" (mother & son -- Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi).
Ridiculing Rahul Gandhi`s visit to huts of the poor, Modi described it as "tourism of poverty."
"Born with silver spoon, Rahul Gandhi visits huts of the poor to learn about them. He goes to see whether a poor has two legs, two eyes and a stomach," he said.
On such visits, he gets himself clicked lifting a child of the poor in the same manner as people get clicked in front of the Taj Mahal, he said.
Modi said born in poverty he himself had seen what poverty was and was able to feel the pain of poor people.
BJP` Nikhil Chaudhary is pitted against NCP General Secretary Tariq Anwar and JD(U) Ram Prakash Mahto in Katihar seat that goes to vote on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study