Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi, wife Yasmin detained
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Former Janata Dal (United) leader Sabir Ali has filed a defamation case against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for his alleged remarks on him, reports said on Monday.
Ali`s wife Yasmin Ali also began a protest outside Naqvi`s residence in Delhi demanding an apology from the BJP leader for allegedly linking her family to terrorists.
“I just want an apology from MA Naqvi, “ Yasmin said adding, “Will sit outside his house till he apologises.” She was later detained by the police.
Ali, whose membership in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was cancelled, on Saturday said people like BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi were keeping the party disconnected from the Muslims.
On the BJP cancelling his membership, Ali said, "It is their decision and I don`t want to comment on this."
Earlier, Ali had written a letter to the BJP unit of Bihar asking them to put his membership on hold till party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi`s allegations on him are cleared.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi opposed the induction of expelled Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Sabir Ali into the party on grounds that he has been named as one of the accused in the murder of music mogul Gulshan Kumar and was a friend of Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal.
On Friday, directly attacking Ali, Naqvi had tweeted "Terrorist Bhatakal friend join BJP, soon accepting Dawood".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!