Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi, wife Yasmin detained
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Former Janata Dal (United) leader Sabir Ali has filed a defamation case against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for his alleged remarks on him, reports said on Monday.
Ali`s wife Yasmin Ali also began a protest outside Naqvi`s residence in Delhi demanding an apology from the BJP leader for allegedly linking her family to terrorists.
“I just want an apology from MA Naqvi, “ Yasmin said adding, “Will sit outside his house till he apologises.” She was later detained by the police.
Ali, whose membership in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was cancelled, on Saturday said people like BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi were keeping the party disconnected from the Muslims.
On the BJP cancelling his membership, Ali said, "It is their decision and I don`t want to comment on this."
Earlier, Ali had written a letter to the BJP unit of Bihar asking them to put his membership on hold till party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi`s allegations on him are cleared.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi opposed the induction of expelled Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Sabir Ali into the party on grounds that he has been named as one of the accused in the murder of music mogul Gulshan Kumar and was a friend of Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal.
On Friday, directly attacking Ali, Naqvi had tweeted "Terrorist Bhatakal friend join BJP, soon accepting Dawood".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray