Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi, wife Yasmin detained
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Former Janata Dal (United) leader Sabir Ali has filed a defamation case against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for his alleged remarks on him, reports said on Monday.
Ali`s wife Yasmin Ali also began a protest outside Naqvi`s residence in Delhi demanding an apology from the BJP leader for allegedly linking her family to terrorists.
“I just want an apology from MA Naqvi, “ Yasmin said adding, “Will sit outside his house till he apologises.” She was later detained by the police.
Ali, whose membership in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was cancelled, on Saturday said people like BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi were keeping the party disconnected from the Muslims.
On the BJP cancelling his membership, Ali said, "It is their decision and I don`t want to comment on this."
Earlier, Ali had written a letter to the BJP unit of Bihar asking them to put his membership on hold till party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi`s allegations on him are cleared.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi opposed the induction of expelled Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Sabir Ali into the party on grounds that he has been named as one of the accused in the murder of music mogul Gulshan Kumar and was a friend of Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal.
On Friday, directly attacking Ali, Naqvi had tweeted "Terrorist Bhatakal friend join BJP, soon accepting Dawood".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion