Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi, wife Yasmin detained
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Former Janata Dal (United) leader Sabir Ali has filed a defamation case against Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi for his alleged remarks on him, reports said on Monday.
Ali`s wife Yasmin Ali also began a protest outside Naqvi`s residence in Delhi demanding an apology from the BJP leader for allegedly linking her family to terrorists.
“I just want an apology from MA Naqvi, “ Yasmin said adding, “Will sit outside his house till he apologises.” She was later detained by the police.
Ali, whose membership in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was cancelled, on Saturday said people like BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi were keeping the party disconnected from the Muslims.
On the BJP cancelling his membership, Ali said, "It is their decision and I don`t want to comment on this."
Earlier, Ali had written a letter to the BJP unit of Bihar asking them to put his membership on hold till party leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi`s allegations on him are cleared.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi opposed the induction of expelled Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Sabir Ali into the party on grounds that he has been named as one of the accused in the murder of music mogul Gulshan Kumar and was a friend of Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal.
On Friday, directly attacking Ali, Naqvi had tweeted "Terrorist Bhatakal friend join BJP, soon accepting Dawood".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble