Sanjay Baru`s book effect: BJP`s 5-point poser to PM, Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday made a five-point poser to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi questioning them whether Cabinet files were shared with Gandhi and if Singh forefeited his prerogative to decide his cabinet as per disclosures in a book by a PM`s former adviser.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman questioned Sonia Gandhi if cabinet files were shared with her as mentioned in the book and if there was a deal on Siachen by Gandhi along with Gen J J Singh, the former Army Chief.
Posing a question to Manmohan Singh, she said "did the PM refuse to take daily briefings from intelligence agencies and did this not have a bearing on our security situation?"
"Did the PM forefeit his prerogative to decide on who would be in his cabinet? Was the `2G fame` A Raja appointed at the behest of Sonia Gandhi? Did the PM knowingly overlook corruption by his colleagues as alleged in the book. Did 2G, CWG and Coalgate happened because of this?," Sitharaman said.
"BJP draws the attention of Congress party to introspect on these issues. They need to answer the people of India on their failures in the past decades. The questions raised relate to failure to control prices, provide jobs, manage the economy. A constructive and issue-based political discourse is the need of the hour. People of India need an answer from Congress, she said.
The posers came in the wake of claims in the book "The Accidental Prime Minister: The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh" written by the former PM`s Media Adviser Sanjaya Baru who served in that capacity during UPA-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh