Second FIR lodged against Giriraj in Jharkhand
Bokaro/Patna: A second FIR was today lodged against BJP leader Giriraj Singh in Jharkhand for his controversial remarks that those opposing Narendra Modi should go to Pakistan, while the EC ordered filing of another one against him in Bihar.
The second FIR was filed at the Harla police station in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district while the poll panel ordered filing of another one after Singh failed to reply to a show cause notice within 24 hours of repeating the same remarks at the Patna Airport yesterday, official sources said.
The FIR alleged that the former minister violated the Model Code of Conduct, Deputy Commissioner-cum-Returning Officer Uma Shankar Singh said.
Additional Chief Electoral Officer R Lakshmanan said that the sections under which Singh would be booked, would be clear only after the registration of the FIR against him.
Yesterday, the first FIR was filed against Singh in Jharkhand`s Deoghar district following a controversial remark that the Centre gave subsidy to those who exported beef and taxed those who reared cows.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!