Send me first if you want to send `Bangladeshis` back: Mamata to Modi
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday dared BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and said that `if he wants to send immigrants to Bangladesh, then he should send me first`.
The open challenge by the West Bengal Chief Minister came a day after Modi addressed a public rally in Mamata`s home turf and said that Bangladeshi infiltrators, who stayed back in the country for vote bank politics, will have to go back.
"BJP`s position is very clear, vote bank politics has destroyed the country... those who are Bangladeshi infiltrators, will have to go back," Modi had said while addressing a rally in West Bengal on Sunday.
He further alleged that Left, Congress and TMC were not concerned about youths getting their jobs but are concerned with Bangladeshi infiltrators getting a job here so that they can cast their vote in their favour.
Modi also said that two types of people came to India from Bangladesh, “the refugees who have been thrown out in the name of religion and the infiltrators.”
Trinamool Congress also filed a complaint with EC against Modi on Monday accusing him of violating poll panel`s model code and seeking votes in the name of religion.
The war of words between Modi and Bannerjee started earlier this month after the TMC chief called the BJP leader a “paper tiger” in a public rally.
The Gujarat Chief Minister then retorted back at a rally in Bankura and said that a real tiger gets the culprits behind Sarada chitfund scam jailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news