Send me first if you want to send `Bangladeshis` back: Mamata to Modi
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday dared BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and said that `if he wants to send immigrants to Bangladesh, then he should send me first`.
The open challenge by the West Bengal Chief Minister came a day after Modi addressed a public rally in Mamata`s home turf and said that Bangladeshi infiltrators, who stayed back in the country for vote bank politics, will have to go back.
"BJP`s position is very clear, vote bank politics has destroyed the country... those who are Bangladeshi infiltrators, will have to go back," Modi had said while addressing a rally in West Bengal on Sunday.
He further alleged that Left, Congress and TMC were not concerned about youths getting their jobs but are concerned with Bangladeshi infiltrators getting a job here so that they can cast their vote in their favour.
Modi also said that two types of people came to India from Bangladesh, “the refugees who have been thrown out in the name of religion and the infiltrators.”
Trinamool Congress also filed a complaint with EC against Modi on Monday accusing him of violating poll panel`s model code and seeking votes in the name of religion.
The war of words between Modi and Bannerjee started earlier this month after the TMC chief called the BJP leader a “paper tiger” in a public rally.
The Gujarat Chief Minister then retorted back at a rally in Bankura and said that a real tiger gets the culprits behind Sarada chitfund scam jailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader