Send me first if you want to send `Bangladeshis` back: Mamata to Modi
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on Monday dared BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and said that `if he wants to send immigrants to Bangladesh, then he should send me first`.
The open challenge by the West Bengal Chief Minister came a day after Modi addressed a public rally in Mamata`s home turf and said that Bangladeshi infiltrators, who stayed back in the country for vote bank politics, will have to go back.
"BJP`s position is very clear, vote bank politics has destroyed the country... those who are Bangladeshi infiltrators, will have to go back," Modi had said while addressing a rally in West Bengal on Sunday.
He further alleged that Left, Congress and TMC were not concerned about youths getting their jobs but are concerned with Bangladeshi infiltrators getting a job here so that they can cast their vote in their favour.
Modi also said that two types of people came to India from Bangladesh, “the refugees who have been thrown out in the name of religion and the infiltrators.”
Trinamool Congress also filed a complaint with EC against Modi on Monday accusing him of violating poll panel`s model code and seeking votes in the name of religion.
The war of words between Modi and Bannerjee started earlier this month after the TMC chief called the BJP leader a “paper tiger” in a public rally.
The Gujarat Chief Minister then retorted back at a rally in Bankura and said that a real tiger gets the culprits behind Sarada chitfund scam jailed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof