Separate Telangana state not a loss to AP, says Chiranjeevi
Rajahmundry: Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi said here Thursday that Andhra Pradesh has not lost anything after granting separate statehood to the Telangana region.
He said the separation would give a chance to develop backward regions of the residual Andhra Pradesh state, for which special packages would be provided by the Congress.
Campaigning for Congress candidates in Tuni town of East Godavari district, he said, "There was no loss to Andhra Pradesh by granting separate statehood to Telangana. There is every chance to develop backward regions in Andhra Pradesh. For the development of these regions, our party will provide special packages."
"After bifurcation, the Polavaram project came to Andhra Pradesh. This will benefit a lot of farmers," he said.
He said that right from its inception, Congress initiated developmental activities for the benefit of the downtrodden, weaker sections of society, minorities and others in the country.
He said that though some parties have been making false propaganda to tarnish Congress`s image, the party was not affected by it.
There has been no loss to the Congress even though some leaders left the party, since youth are being given more opportunities to strengthen the party.
Later, at a road show in which Chiranjeevi participated, Congress candidate D Panduranga Rao said that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) government did not develop the Tuni assembly seat, while during the nine-year rule of Congress, a flyover bridge, drainage and roads were developed and a proposal has been sent to the government to construct a wall to protect low-lying areas affected by rains, floods and natural calamities.
He predicted that the people would elect the Congress to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured