Separate Telangana state not a loss to AP, says Chiranjeevi
Rajahmundry: Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi said here Thursday that Andhra Pradesh has not lost anything after granting separate statehood to the Telangana region.
He said the separation would give a chance to develop backward regions of the residual Andhra Pradesh state, for which special packages would be provided by the Congress.
Campaigning for Congress candidates in Tuni town of East Godavari district, he said, "There was no loss to Andhra Pradesh by granting separate statehood to Telangana. There is every chance to develop backward regions in Andhra Pradesh. For the development of these regions, our party will provide special packages."
"After bifurcation, the Polavaram project came to Andhra Pradesh. This will benefit a lot of farmers," he said.
He said that right from its inception, Congress initiated developmental activities for the benefit of the downtrodden, weaker sections of society, minorities and others in the country.
He said that though some parties have been making false propaganda to tarnish Congress`s image, the party was not affected by it.
There has been no loss to the Congress even though some leaders left the party, since youth are being given more opportunities to strengthen the party.
Later, at a road show in which Chiranjeevi participated, Congress candidate D Panduranga Rao said that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) government did not develop the Tuni assembly seat, while during the nine-year rule of Congress, a flyover bridge, drainage and roads were developed and a proposal has been sent to the government to construct a wall to protect low-lying areas affected by rains, floods and natural calamities.
He predicted that the people would elect the Congress to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Court hears horror of Khmer Rouge forced marriages
- PE inflows in real estate up 33% at Rs 5,193 crore in January-June
- WATCH: Chandrababu Naidu plays badminton with PV Sindhu on stage during felicitation ceremony
- Bihar CM calls on PM Narendra Modi, apprise him on flood situation in Bihar
- 7th Pay Commission: BSNL retirees seek salary benefits