Shanta Kumar among 6 candidates to file nominations
Shimla: Former Chief Minister Shanta Kumar was among six candidates who filed their papers for Himachal Pradesh`s four Lok Sabha seats on the penultimate day of filing of nominations Friday.
As many as 35 candidates have filed their nomination papers so far for the state`s four seats that go to polls on May 7, an official said.
From the Kangra Lok Sabha seat, BJP`s Shanta Kumar, Raman Kumar of Bahujan Mukti Party and two Independents -- Atul Thakur and Bhupender Mehra -- filed their nominations.
Kuldeep Singh Thakur (Independent) and Devender Dev of Bahujan Mukti Party filed their nominations from the Mandi Lok Sabha seat.
Tomorrow is the last day for filing of nominations and scrutiny of papers will take place on April 21 while last date of withdrawal is April 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH