Shanta Kumar among 6 candidates to file nominations
Shimla: Former Chief Minister Shanta Kumar was among six candidates who filed their papers for Himachal Pradesh`s four Lok Sabha seats on the penultimate day of filing of nominations Friday.
As many as 35 candidates have filed their nomination papers so far for the state`s four seats that go to polls on May 7, an official said.
From the Kangra Lok Sabha seat, BJP`s Shanta Kumar, Raman Kumar of Bahujan Mukti Party and two Independents -- Atul Thakur and Bhupender Mehra -- filed their nominations.
Kuldeep Singh Thakur (Independent) and Devender Dev of Bahujan Mukti Party filed their nominations from the Mandi Lok Sabha seat.
Tomorrow is the last day for filing of nominations and scrutiny of papers will take place on April 21 while last date of withdrawal is April 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city