Sharad Pawar a treacherous politician: Uddhav Thackeray
Parbhani: Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray today launched a stinging attack on NCP chief Sharad Pawar terming him a "treacherous" politician.
"The very foundation of NCP led by Pawar is based on treachery. Such a treacherous person should not give us lessons on loyalty," Uddhav said addressing a rally here while canvassing for party candidate Sanjay Jadhav.
Referring to the recent desertions from Shiv Sena, including that of sitting MP Ganesh Dudhgaonkar who has joined NCP, Uddhav said, "I would not forgive those leaders who have back-stabbed Shiv Sena."
Pawar, in a rally recently, had taunted Uddhav on "exodus" of leaders from Shiv Sena ahead of polls and attributed it to his "weak leadership".
"NCP and Congress leaders toured the region not for the sake of farmers hit by hailstorms and unseasonal rains, but for the sake of votes," Uddhav said.
Uddhav asked farmers "to strangulate" both the Congress and NCP parties instead of hanging themselves over agrarian crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details