Sharad Pawar has grabbed farmers` lands: Uddhav Thackeray
Nashik: Training his guns at NCP chief Sharad Pawar, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Friday accused the Union Agriculture Minister of grabbing farmers` lands.
"Pawar is highly corrupt. He has been grabbing agricultural lands of farmers in Baramati, his home town," Thackeray alleged.
The Sena chief was speaking here while campaigning for his party`s candidate from Nashik Hemant Godse.
He also criticised Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over a video purportedly showing him allegedly threatening villagers of Masalwadi that they would lose their water supply if they did not vote for his cousin Supriya Sule.
"Ajit Pawar has arrogance of power," Thackeray said.
Lashing out at Congress president Sonia Gandhi over her meeting with Imam Bukhari, the Sena chief said, "It is the voters who will decide the fate of BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi and not the Shahi Imam."
He criticised Maharashtra PWD minister and Nashik Lok Sabha candidate Chhagan Bhujbal saying, "It is a common practice for both Congress and NCP to distribute money to woo voters."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption