Sharad Yadav alleges use of money to influence media
Madhepura (Bihar): With his fate being decided by voters in Madhepura today, JD(U) President Sharad Yadav alleged that rival parties were using money power to influence the media.
"Media me thaili ka khub khel hua hain (money power has been used to use media)," Yadav told reporters after casting his vote at the Adarash Madhya Vidyalaya here.
Locked in a triangular fight with Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav of RJD and Vijay Singh Kushwaha of BJP, Yadav, who is making a bid to enter the Lok Sabha for the fifth term from the Yadav-dominated Madhepura constituency, refused to comment on rivals.
"I have fought ideologically against Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and others. Why do you lower my prestige by making these leaders (Pappu Yadav and Vijay Singh Kushwaha) my rivals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS