Sharad Yadav alleges use of money to influence media
Madhepura (Bihar): With his fate being decided by voters in Madhepura today, JD(U) President Sharad Yadav alleged that rival parties were using money power to influence the media.
"Media me thaili ka khub khel hua hain (money power has been used to use media)," Yadav told reporters after casting his vote at the Adarash Madhya Vidyalaya here.
Locked in a triangular fight with Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav of RJD and Vijay Singh Kushwaha of BJP, Yadav, who is making a bid to enter the Lok Sabha for the fifth term from the Yadav-dominated Madhepura constituency, refused to comment on rivals.
"I have fought ideologically against Indira Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and others. Why do you lower my prestige by making these leaders (Pappu Yadav and Vijay Singh Kushwaha) my rivals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!