Singh, Dhumal accuse each other of pursuing vendetta politics
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and BJP leader P K Dhumal Tuesday accused each other of pursuing the "politics of vendetta".
Singh and Dhumal traded charges against each other during election rallies in support of their party candidates.
While the Chief Minister intensively toured Sirmaur district and addressed meetings in support of party candidate Mohan Lal Brakta,Dhumal addressed rallies at Theog and Dhalli in Shimla district in support of Virender Kashyap, sitting BJP MP from Shimla.
Lashing out Dhumal for pursuing the politics of vendetta, Singh said that he was framed in false cases by Dhumal government but he fought the legal battle and got clean chit from the court.
"My government did not believe in vengeance and we have only fulfilled promise made to the people that charge sheet submitted by Congress party against the BJP government would be probed and if Dhumal was innocent he should face the probe instead of making hue and cry," he said while addressing meetings at Nahan, Kolanwala Bood and Sarahan.
Asserting that he was not a part of the Committee which drafted the charge sheet and was minister at the Centre, Singh said that investigations were in progress and cases would be registered against those found guilty.
"I have made it clear time and again that no innocent would be harassed but those who have cheated Himachal would not be spared, then where is the question of vendetta in it," Singh said.
He asked Dhumal not to politicise the issue instead of proving himself guilty, like he had done when he was framed in false cases. He said he did not cry but faced all the charges and even resigned from Union Cabinet.
The Chief Minister also accused Dhumal of using "BJP MLAs as a shield" to cover up the alleged wrong doings and said the Leader of Opposition had set a wrong precedent by boycotting the entire Budget Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!