Sitting MP`s vehicle sticker removed in West Medinipur
Midnapore: CPI candidate for Medinipur seat and sitting MP Prabodh Panda was on Wednesday involved in a verbal spat with Trinamool Congress supporters over using the `MP` sticker on his vehicle when he went to exercise his franchise at a polling booth in West Medinipur district.
The sticker was allegedly removed by the supporters of his rival party besides entering into an argument with him in front of a polling booth on Station Road area of Medinipur town today, where Panda had gone to cast his vote.
The situation is now under control, police said.
Speaking about the incident, Panda claimed he had not violated any norm as the Election Commission had not asked him to remove the sticker.
"I am the sitting MP and will only stop using it till the results are declared. I will continue using it till the Returning Officer issues a certificate to the winner," he told reporters.
Besides Panda, actress Sandhya Roy (Trinamool Congress), Bimal Kumar Raj (Congress), and Prabhakar Tewari (BJP) are among the 10 candidates in the fray from the constituency where the Lok Sabha polls are being held today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!