Sitting MP`s vehicle sticker removed in West Medinipur
Midnapore: CPI candidate for Medinipur seat and sitting MP Prabodh Panda was on Wednesday involved in a verbal spat with Trinamool Congress supporters over using the `MP` sticker on his vehicle when he went to exercise his franchise at a polling booth in West Medinipur district.
The sticker was allegedly removed by the supporters of his rival party besides entering into an argument with him in front of a polling booth on Station Road area of Medinipur town today, where Panda had gone to cast his vote.
The situation is now under control, police said.
Speaking about the incident, Panda claimed he had not violated any norm as the Election Commission had not asked him to remove the sticker.
"I am the sitting MP and will only stop using it till the results are declared. I will continue using it till the Returning Officer issues a certificate to the winner," he told reporters.
Besides Panda, actress Sandhya Roy (Trinamool Congress), Bimal Kumar Raj (Congress), and Prabhakar Tewari (BJP) are among the 10 candidates in the fray from the constituency where the Lok Sabha polls are being held today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown