Six candidates in Mumbai North get notices
Mumbai: Six candidates, mostly indenpendents, from Mumbai North parliamentary constituency have been served notices for their failure to submit election expenditure.
It was mandatory for the candidates to submit their expenditure details by April 12 under section 77 of Representation of the People Act.
The notices were served on six candidates-- Prashant Narsing Kharatmal (independent), Arjun Chaudhary (independent), Ashok Chandrapal Singh (Bahujan Samaj Party), Satyavijay Vithoba Chavan (independent), Mohammed Akhtar Mehboob Sheikh (Prabuddha Republic Party )and Kapil Kantilal Soni (independent), by returning officer Avinash Dhakne, officials said.
Now, the candidates will have to submit their expenditure details by April 15, failing which cases will be filed against them under section 171 of IPC and permission for use of vehicles for election campaign will be withdrawn, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations