Six candidates in Mumbai North get notices
Mumbai: Six candidates, mostly indenpendents, from Mumbai North parliamentary constituency have been served notices for their failure to submit election expenditure.
It was mandatory for the candidates to submit their expenditure details by April 12 under section 77 of Representation of the People Act.
The notices were served on six candidates-- Prashant Narsing Kharatmal (independent), Arjun Chaudhary (independent), Ashok Chandrapal Singh (Bahujan Samaj Party), Satyavijay Vithoba Chavan (independent), Mohammed Akhtar Mehboob Sheikh (Prabuddha Republic Party )and Kapil Kantilal Soni (independent), by returning officer Avinash Dhakne, officials said.
Now, the candidates will have to submit their expenditure details by April 15, failing which cases will be filed against them under section 171 of IPC and permission for use of vehicles for election campaign will be withdrawn, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach