Six candidates in Mumbai North get notices
Mumbai: Six candidates, mostly indenpendents, from Mumbai North parliamentary constituency have been served notices for their failure to submit election expenditure.
It was mandatory for the candidates to submit their expenditure details by April 12 under section 77 of Representation of the People Act.
The notices were served on six candidates-- Prashant Narsing Kharatmal (independent), Arjun Chaudhary (independent), Ashok Chandrapal Singh (Bahujan Samaj Party), Satyavijay Vithoba Chavan (independent), Mohammed Akhtar Mehboob Sheikh (Prabuddha Republic Party )and Kapil Kantilal Soni (independent), by returning officer Avinash Dhakne, officials said.
Now, the candidates will have to submit their expenditure details by April 15, failing which cases will be filed against them under section 171 of IPC and permission for use of vehicles for election campaign will be withdrawn, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments
- Full text of US President Barack Obama's speech at Democratic convention
- Tim Kaine accepts Democratic nomination for VP
- Decoded! 5 exciting details of your PAN number
- World Hepatitis Day: 52 million Indians suffer from chronic hepatitis