Sixth complaint filed against Haryana minister Sukhbir Kataria
Gurgaon: A fresh police complaint has been registered against Haryana youth and sports minister Sukhbir Kataria in a bogus voting case, taking the number of complaints to six, officials said Sunday.
Five police complaints have already been lodged against the minister in Gurgaon.
Judicial Magistrate Kavita Yadav ordered the complaint against Kataria, Gurgaon legislator Sukhbir and 10 others on charges of cheating, preparing and using fake documents and criminal conspiracy.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Om Prakash Kataria of the Gurgaon-based Matdata Jagrookta Manch who alleged that forged documents were used to get voter cards made at the behest of the minister.
Kataria had won by 2,138 votes in 2009 as an independent candidate.
At least 10 cases of bogus votes are pending in various courts against the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming