Sixth complaint filed against Haryana minister Sukhbir Kataria
Gurgaon: A fresh police complaint has been registered against Haryana youth and sports minister Sukhbir Kataria in a bogus voting case, taking the number of complaints to six, officials said Sunday.
Five police complaints have already been lodged against the minister in Gurgaon.
Judicial Magistrate Kavita Yadav ordered the complaint against Kataria, Gurgaon legislator Sukhbir and 10 others on charges of cheating, preparing and using fake documents and criminal conspiracy.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Om Prakash Kataria of the Gurgaon-based Matdata Jagrookta Manch who alleged that forged documents were used to get voter cards made at the behest of the minister.
Kataria had won by 2,138 votes in 2009 as an independent candidate.
At least 10 cases of bogus votes are pending in various courts against the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened