SM Krishna praises RSS, says Congress can learn from it
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Praise came for the RSS on Wednesday from unexpected quarters - senior Congress leader and former Union Minister SM Krishna. Krishna said today that everyone in the RSS talked in one voice and there was a lot to learn from the organisation which is said to be the ideological mentor of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
“Everyone in the RSS speak in one voice and we can learn from them. RSS take their candidate themselves to the polling booth, Congress doesn`t,” Krishna said, as quoted by ANI.
However, he later clarified saying that he had long held conviction on his part that RSS is fascist. “I will propagate that and defeat them,” Krishna said, as quoted by ANI.
He also said, “I referred to RSS in the passing, praising RSS is unthinkable,” adding, “All that I made a reference was about people going to polling booths, in that context I took the name of RSS, nothing beyond it.”
Krishna, 82, who is a former Karnataka CM dismissed that there was any `wave` for BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi. He said that it was a propaganda by "vested interests" and took a jibe at Gujarat CM for "sidelining" senior leaders.
"We have seen those (Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi) waves. They were natural waves which emanated from the hearts of people... But here the wave which has been created by vested interests is only to be talked and written about, but on the ground we do not see any wave (of Modi)," he told reporters, PTI reported.
He also alleged that lands of farmers had been given to companies like Adani at "questionable price". "The kind of land dealings in Gujarat, they are just mind boggling. Thousands of acres of land have been given away to Adani and other one or two industrial hubs... It is the price which when you are going through it, you just feel sorry for the farmers of Gujarat," he charged.
Asked whether Congress is in good position to capitalise on differences in the top BJP leadership, Krishna said, "That will be known on May 16 (counting day)." Commenting on the "sidelining" of senior BJP leaders including L K Advani and Jaswant Singh by Modi, Krishna said "There is a veneer of dictatorship... God forbid it if something is going to happen where would be our democracy. Then we will have to ask wither democracy, a big question mark."
On various "scams" during the UPA rule, Krishna said Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi, believe in transparency "which is reflected in the corrective actions" taken by the party.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race