Sonakshi tweets to campaign for father Shatrughan Sinha
Patna: Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha`s daughter actress Sonakshi has found a unique way to campaign for her father`s re-election to Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat.
Though Shatrughan`s elder son Luv has been giving father company during his campaign, daughter Sonakshi is not finding time for it because of her shooting commitments and thus has taken up the social media for the purpose.
The `Dabaang` heroine has been sending messages through her Twitter account, mother Poonam Sinha told PTI here on Monday.
Sonakshi has seven million followers on Twitter to whom she has been sending messages in favour of her father, her mother said.
Poonam, herself an actress, is criss-crossing different localities seeking support for her husband.
"Patna is my sasural (in-laws` house)...I feel at home meeting people here and they also shower a lot of love and affection on us," she said.
"We are convincing people that Narendra Modi is needed for the country as a `strong` Prime Minister," she said.
Sinha is crossing swords with Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh of Congress, noted doctor Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD-U and former minister and Aam Aadmi Party nominee Parveen Amanullah in Patna Sahib which will go to polls on April 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj