Sonia attacks Modi over water, malnutrition issues of Gujarat
Neemuch: Taking the battle to the home-turf of BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday alleged that about half the population in Gujarat lacked access to drinking water, and malnourishment among the children was high in the state.
Without naming the Gujarat Chief Minister, Gandhi said, "These days a lot is being said about Gujarat model of development, but the reality is something else. In Gujarat 40 per cent people have no drinking water, 27,000 posts reserved for dalits and tribals are vacant.
"Every second child under five years is malnourished (in the state)," Sonia said, addressing a rally in support of Congress candidate and sitting MP from Mandsaur, Meenakshi Natrajan.
For power, BJP was spreading lies, she said.
Attacking the government of BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh on the issue of Madhya Pradesh Professional Board Examination scam, she said the state government had promised a job to one person in every family, but what people got instead was a scam, wherein ineligible persons got jobs at the behest of BJP and RSS.
Terming Madhya Pradesh as "ghotala pradesh" (scam state), Sonia said, "Crores of rupees tumbled out even from houses of low-level employees during raids. One can imagine the amount of money accumulated by corrupt officers and ministers in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!