Sonia feels marrying a foreigner will hurt Rahul Gandhi`s chances of becoming PM: Ramdev
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has stirred a hornet`s nest by saying that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi goes to houses of Dalits “for picnics and honeymoon”.
The yoga guru, who is supporting the BJP in the Elections 2014 made the objectionable comments while he was in Lucknow.
Ramdev said that BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, and he himself, have been `fakir` by their own choice, unlike Rahul who is not able to find any girl to marry.
Further making highly improper and derogatory comments on the Gandhi scion, Ramdev said that Sonia Gandhi feels that marrying a foreigner would hurt Rahul`s chances of becoming the prime minister; and that is why she wants him to first attain the top post and then marry an outsider.
"Rahul doesn`t wants to marry a `desi` girl, however, he likes going to Dalits places for picnic and honeymoon," the yoga guru said, adding, "if the Congress vice president had married a girl from the particular community, not only the girl would have become rich, but Rahul would have become the PM."
Earlier this month, the yoga guru mocked Rahul and said that the Gandhi scion dreams about Modi and him.
Further hitting out at the Congress vice president, the yoga guru accused Rahul of not having a brain and speaking anything that is told to him.
Heaping praise on the Gujarat Chief Minister and aspirant PM, Ramdev said no minister has done the kind of work Modi has.
Ramdev has been often critical of Rahul. Earlier, he had described the Congress vice president as immature and unintelligent.
Ramdev had said: "I said that on an individual level, Rahul Gandhi is an innocent boy who is misled by the Congress. What can we do with such an innocent person, he is of no use to the country. He is an innocent as well as unintelligent and such a person cannot be the Prime Minister of the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'
- NASA discovers alien solar system with tighlty packed planets in unsusual orbits
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE