Sonia Gandhi meets President, likely to discuss poll issues
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi met President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Tuesday evening.
According to news reports, Congress president is likely to discuss the unfolding situation and post-poll scenario with Pranab Mukherjee.
Top Congress leaders have been engaged in consultations with each other over the post-poll situation in the wake of exit polls projections that the Bharatiya Janata Party-led NDA may form the government while Congress may reach its lowest-ever numbers.
However, Congress today dismissed exit poll projections of a dismal performance by it, saying a sample survey of a few lakh people cannot predict Lok Sabha election results.
"In a country of 800 million voters how can few lakh sample size surveys predict the result? Let`s wait for 16th May (when votes will be counted)," Congress leader Digvijay Singh tweeted this morning.
Party General Secretary Shakeel Ahmed has also dismissed exit and opinion polls.
He has said that they were proved wrong in the 2004 and 2009 elections and the party would wait for the actual results on May 16.
Congress did not participate in the exit poll programmes telecast by several news channels yesterday evening.
"Keeping with its tradition, Congress will not participate in exit poll programmes," Ahmed had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday