Sonia Gandhi, Narendra Modi, Sushma Swaraj to campaign in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi as well as BJP leaders Narendra Modi and Sushma Swaraj will campaign in Odisha for the second phase of the Lok Sabha election, to be held on April 17, party sources said on Tuesday.
Gandhi who visited Odisha for a few hours on Saturday and addressed a rally in Khariar town of Nuapada district, about 550 km from here, will again be in the state on Thursday to campaign in the coastal belt.
Swaraj, leader of the opposition in the outgoing Lok Sabha, will hit the campaign trail in Rairangpur, Anandpur and Mahakalpada the same day.
Similarly, Modi who was the star at three rallies April 4, will be wooing voters in Balasore and Talcher on Friday, party sources said.
Polling for 21 Lok Sabha seats and the 147-member Assembly would be held simultaneously on April 10 and 17.
Campaigning in 10 Lok Sabha and 70 Assembly constituencies, where balloting will be held on April 10, ended on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere