Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi should be stripped, sent back to Italy: BJP MLA
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: In an abusive comment, a BJP MLA has threatened to strip Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi, and send them back to Italy if his party comes to power.
Addressing a rally in Rajasthan`s Tonk constituency, Heeralal Regar said: "Sonia and Rahul Gandhi should be stripped off their clothes and sent back to Italy."
Taking note of Regar`s comments, the Congress party has complained to the Election Commission.
However, speaking to a news channel, Regar he apologised for his remark, but added he has been misquoted. "I have not taken any name. If anyone is hurt by my comments, I apologise," Regar said.
The incident comes days after the BJP urged the Election Commission to take action against Congress` Saharanpur nominee Imran Masood over a purported anti-Narendra Modi speech.
Masood was arrested early Saturday for his hate speech against the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, during an election rally, had condemned the language used by Masood, saying it does not reflect the Congress` thinking.
Masood was caught on camera spewing venom on Modi and threatening to "chop him into pieces".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends