Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi should be stripped, sent back to Italy: BJP MLA
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: In an abusive comment, a BJP MLA has threatened to strip Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi, and send them back to Italy if his party comes to power.
Addressing a rally in Rajasthan`s Tonk constituency, Heeralal Regar said: "Sonia and Rahul Gandhi should be stripped off their clothes and sent back to Italy."
Taking note of Regar`s comments, the Congress party has complained to the Election Commission.
However, speaking to a news channel, Regar he apologised for his remark, but added he has been misquoted. "I have not taken any name. If anyone is hurt by my comments, I apologise," Regar said.
The incident comes days after the BJP urged the Election Commission to take action against Congress` Saharanpur nominee Imran Masood over a purported anti-Narendra Modi speech.
Masood was arrested early Saturday for his hate speech against the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, during an election rally, had condemned the language used by Masood, saying it does not reflect the Congress` thinking.
Masood was caught on camera spewing venom on Modi and threatening to "chop him into pieces".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’