Sonia Gandhi slams Narendra Modi, calls him `a big liar`
Ranchi: In one of her strongest attacks on BJP star Narendra Modi, Congress president Sonia Gandhi Friday asked people not to elect "a big liar" as the country`s next prime minister.
Without taking Modi`s name, Gandhi told an election rally in Jharkhand that some opposition leaders were selling dreams, as if "they will change everything in one day with a magic wand".
"Will the country chose a prime minister a person who will be a big liar?" she said at Ramgarh in Hazaribagh district.
"In a democracy, just anyone should not be allowed to grab power." But she did not refer to Modi by name in her speech.
Gandhi urged Maoists to shun violence and join the mainstream of the society.
And in an appeal to coal workers, she also said that it was former prime minister Indira Gandhi who nationalized the coal mines in order to improve the lot of the labourers.
She detailed the achievements of the Congress-led UPA government in the last 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city