Sonia Gandhi slams Narendra Modi, calls him `a big liar`
Ranchi: In one of her strongest attacks on BJP star Narendra Modi, Congress president Sonia Gandhi Friday asked people not to elect "a big liar" as the country`s next prime minister.
Without taking Modi`s name, Gandhi told an election rally in Jharkhand that some opposition leaders were selling dreams, as if "they will change everything in one day with a magic wand".
"Will the country chose a prime minister a person who will be a big liar?" she said at Ramgarh in Hazaribagh district.
"In a democracy, just anyone should not be allowed to grab power." But she did not refer to Modi by name in her speech.
Gandhi urged Maoists to shun violence and join the mainstream of the society.
And in an appeal to coal workers, she also said that it was former prime minister Indira Gandhi who nationalized the coal mines in order to improve the lot of the labourers.
She detailed the achievements of the Congress-led UPA government in the last 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured