Sonia, Rahul adopting double standards on Lalu: Modi
Ujiarpur (Bihar): Targeting Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, Narendra Modi on Wednesday said nobody can save the government of the "mother and son" from "certain defeat" even as he accused them of adopting double standards by "shying" away from sharing stage with fodder scam convict Lalu Prasad.
Congress, he alleged, helped Lalu walk out of jail and indulged in all sorts of backroom deals with him but refrained from acknowledging the relation in public as they feared it would dent their votes outside.
"Is it not a fact that mother and son helped Lalu to get out of jail (on bail after being convicted for five years in the fodder scam)?" the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate asked at an election meeting here.
"Having got Lalu released from jail, why cannot they share a stage with him at a rally?" he asked.
"Does not this maa-beta have alliance with Lalu? Did not they help him come out of jail? Then why do they refuse to sit together with him... They tell him don`t sit with us or we will be wiped out from the country. Isn`t it a deception, a sin?," he asked as he urged voters to teach them a lesson.
He said "none can save the maa-beta (mother and son) from certain defeat.
Slamming the UPA government as "weak" and "remote controlled" by the Gandhi family, he said that a "dead" government could not do any good for the country which needed a strong government to solve complex problems through decisive leadership.
Reaching out to electorate in the crucial state, where BJP aims to make big gains to realise its dream of capturing power in the Centre, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate said Bihar was blessed with the goddess of knowledge which Gujarat lacked.
"Wherever we go, we find IAS, IPS officers from Bihar. But the goddess of wealth is yet to come here. It does not come without lotus," he said, referring to his party`s symbol which is also associated with the goddess of wealth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes