Sonia says Narendra Modi`s real face `masked`
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Kolar, Karnataka: Congress president Sonia Gandhi hit out at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi saying that attempt is being made to hide reality through posters.
Addressing a rally in Kolar, without naming Modi, Sonia said, “Massive posters are being put across the country to hide the real face of a person.” His true face is being hidden with a mask, she said.
Sonia also slammed the BJP for projecting the Gujarat model of development. “Gujarat has been projected as if no work has ever been done in any other state...it is another story that Adivasis suffer in Gujarat; women and children face malnutrition.”
“It was during BJP rule that there was intrusion into a woman`s personal life in Gujarat,” she added.
Asking people to support Congress for its secular credentials and commitment to social justice, Sonia alleged that minorities have had to make compromises in Gujarat and land is being snatched from farmers.
It was not the first time that Sonia has targeted Modi. She had earlier accused Narendra Modi and Bharatiya Janata Party of indulging in divisive politics by "sowing seeds of poison" (zeher ki kheti) and instigating violence in their "hunger" for power .
"Those who are busy beating their own drums continuously, I want to ask you whether they will do good to the nation. No, not at all. Their only aim is to capture power and to achieve it they will resort to all sorts of conspiracies. You have to be wary of these people and understand their intentions," she had said a rally in February.
However, the most famous of her jibes on Modi remains “Maut Ka Suadagar”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre