Sonia should lodge case if info in CD on Vadra is false: BJP
Lucknow: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Monday challenged Sonia Gandhi to lodge a case against the party if she believes that the information given in the CD and booklet on alleged land deals of Robert Vadra is false.
Replying to a question regarding the timing of the CD, Gadkari said, "the issue is not of timing. Soniaji must answer. She must say it is wrong and if it is false, she should lodge a case."
"It would have been better if Soniaji had taken an initiative for a judicial inquiry in the Vadra issue," he said.
Gadkari said silence of the Congress president and her party indicate that there was something wrong somewhere.
On Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi`s statement that a big heart is needed to run the country, the BJP leader said, "those who run the government by threatening their allies are talking about big heartedness."
"Our leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee had a big heart. Our party has big heart," he added.
Gadkari, who is here to campaign for BJP national president Rajnath Singh, said inflation would descend by 25 per cent within six months of the formation of BJP-led NDA government in the leadership of Narendra Modi.
"Due to poor governance and wrong economic policies of the Congress-led UPA government, corruption, inflation and unemployment have increased in the country," he alleged.
Gadkari claimed that growth rate of BJP ruled states was four times higher than those ruled by Congress.
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Gulshan Grover wishes the best for soon-to-be-married-- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover!
- Thrash the CPI-M agent, says Trinamool''s Sonali Guha; EC files FIR
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Bangladesh's ICC ODI ranking: How BCB president Nazmul Hassan created unnecessary confusion
- Five people killed after building collapses in Mumbai's Kamathipura