Sonia should lodge case if info in CD on Vadra is false: BJP
Lucknow: BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Monday challenged Sonia Gandhi to lodge a case against the party if she believes that the information given in the CD and booklet on alleged land deals of Robert Vadra is false.
Replying to a question regarding the timing of the CD, Gadkari said, "the issue is not of timing. Soniaji must answer. She must say it is wrong and if it is false, she should lodge a case."
"It would have been better if Soniaji had taken an initiative for a judicial inquiry in the Vadra issue," he said.
Gadkari said silence of the Congress president and her party indicate that there was something wrong somewhere.
On Congress star campaigner Priyanka Gandhi`s statement that a big heart is needed to run the country, the BJP leader said, "those who run the government by threatening their allies are talking about big heartedness."
"Our leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee had a big heart. Our party has big heart," he added.
Gadkari, who is here to campaign for BJP national president Rajnath Singh, said inflation would descend by 25 per cent within six months of the formation of BJP-led NDA government in the leadership of Narendra Modi.
"Due to poor governance and wrong economic policies of the Congress-led UPA government, corruption, inflation and unemployment have increased in the country," he alleged.
Gadkari claimed that growth rate of BJP ruled states was four times higher than those ruled by Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends