Soren alleges opposition parties using money power
Jamshedpur: Jharkhand Chief Minister and JMM leader Hemant Soren Thursday claimed the opposition parties were using money power to win the Lok Sabha election because they lacked people`s support.
He appealed to people to teach such parties and leaders a lesson, while advocating for a government for the people, of the people and by the people.
They (rivals) did not have "jan-shakti" (support of the people) but have "dhan-shakti" (money power) and aimed to come to power with the help of money power, Soren told an election meeting in Kumrasol football ground in naxal-hit Dumaria block under Potka assembly segment today.
He had come out in support of JMM candidate for Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat Niroop Mohanty.
Soren cautioned the party workers not to fall prey to rivals negative propaganda because they were indulging in baseless talks as they are disconnected with people.
Some of these leaders claimed themselves of being messiah of tribals but wanted to grab power by promoting land dealings of tribals, he said while asking the party workers to identify those leaders and teach them a lesson in the ensuing election.
Without taking the name of any political party or leaders, Soren alleged that these leaders have been advocating for amendment in Chotanagpur Tenancy Act (CNT) and Santal Paragana Tenancy Act (SPT) but did not have the courage to demand it in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter