SP, BJP, Cong will be decimated in UP by `Modi tsunami`: Amit Shah
Varanasi: Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah on Thursday said BJP will decimate Congress, Samajwadi Party and BSP in Uttar Pradesh as the Modi wave has turned into a tsunami which was sweeping the whole country.
Shah, who is party in-charge of ?Uttar Pradesh, said the groundswell of support for Modi in Varanasi has left no doubt about forming of government at the Centre under the leadership of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Till now there was a Modi wave in Uttar Pradesh. But now, as he has filed his nomination, this wave has turned into a Tsunami. It will help the party in Uttar Pradesh as well as Bihar and in other states," said Shah after Modi filed his nomination.
"Because of this tsunami, Congress, SP and the BSP will be wiped out in Uttar Pradesh. It is all but certain that the next government will be formed by Narendra Modi," he said.
Earliern Modi held a massive show of strength with tens of thousands of people greeting and cheering him on the roads of this spiritual temple town on the banks of sacred Ganges.
The entire city revelled in saffron as a sea of people wearing Modi T-shirt and masks and holding BJP flags lined up along the arterial roads in sweltering heat to have a glimpse of the party`s prime ministeria candidate.
During the three-km long roadshow from Lahurabeer to Kachhari Road, people showered Modi with flower petals and blew conch shells as he waved to large crowd standing on both sides of road as well as those on balconies and rooftops.
BJP left no stone unturned to make the road show a mega success as it felt it could create a momentum for the party to wrest sizeable number of seats in politically crucial Uttar Pradesh.
Modi has been challenged in the constituency by AAP`s Arvind Kejriwal. Voting in Varanasi will be held on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand