SP extending support to Congress in Amethi to defeat BJP: UP minister
Amethi: Samajwadi Party is extending support to Congress and its vice president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi to ensure the defeat of BJP, Uttar Pradesh minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati said on Sunday.
"To ensure BJP`s defeat in Amethi, SP has decided to support Rahul Gandhi here," UP mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"In order to check communal forces spreading tentacles in the country, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has not fielded candidates from Amethi and Rae Bareli," he added.
The minister claimed there was no BJP wave in Amethi.
Hitting out BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Prajapati said: "Modi has been criticising the father-son duo (Mulayam-Akhilesh) claiming lack of development in Uttar Pradesh. He talks about Gujarat model, but in reality he is playing in the hands of select corporates."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday