SP extending support to Congress in Amethi to defeat BJP: UP minister
Amethi: Samajwadi Party is extending support to Congress and its vice president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi to ensure the defeat of BJP, Uttar Pradesh minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati said on Sunday.
"To ensure BJP`s defeat in Amethi, SP has decided to support Rahul Gandhi here," UP mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"In order to check communal forces spreading tentacles in the country, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has not fielded candidates from Amethi and Rae Bareli," he added.
The minister claimed there was no BJP wave in Amethi.
Hitting out BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Prajapati said: "Modi has been criticising the father-son duo (Mulayam-Akhilesh) claiming lack of development in Uttar Pradesh. He talks about Gujarat model, but in reality he is playing in the hands of select corporates."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad