SP extending support to Congress in Amethi to defeat BJP: UP minister
Amethi: Samajwadi Party is extending support to Congress and its vice president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi to ensure the defeat of BJP, Uttar Pradesh minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati said on Sunday.
"To ensure BJP`s defeat in Amethi, SP has decided to support Rahul Gandhi here," UP mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"In order to check communal forces spreading tentacles in the country, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has not fielded candidates from Amethi and Rae Bareli," he added.
The minister claimed there was no BJP wave in Amethi.
Hitting out BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Prajapati said: "Modi has been criticising the father-son duo (Mulayam-Akhilesh) claiming lack of development in Uttar Pradesh. He talks about Gujarat model, but in reality he is playing in the hands of select corporates."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video