SP extending support to Congress in Amethi to defeat BJP: UP minister
Amethi: Samajwadi Party is extending support to Congress and its vice president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi to ensure the defeat of BJP, Uttar Pradesh minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati said on Sunday.
"To ensure BJP`s defeat in Amethi, SP has decided to support Rahul Gandhi here," UP mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"In order to check communal forces spreading tentacles in the country, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has not fielded candidates from Amethi and Rae Bareli," he added.
The minister claimed there was no BJP wave in Amethi.
Hitting out BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Prajapati said: "Modi has been criticising the father-son duo (Mulayam-Akhilesh) claiming lack of development in Uttar Pradesh. He talks about Gujarat model, but in reality he is playing in the hands of select corporates."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?