SP leaders likely to be booked for `hate` speech against Modi
Ghaziabad: Poll officials on Friday indicated they may file an FIR against some Samajwadi Party leaders after they allegedly delivered "hate" speech against BJP leader Narendra Modi in Muslim dominated Loni area here.
According to poll officials, they are scanning the video footage of leaders and after probing the video, action will be taken against them.
"A probe has been ordered into this matter. We got to know that some SP leaders were delivering some "hate" speech against Modi in a meeting organised in Loni area of Ghaziabad," said a senior poll officer, who didn`t wish to be named.
Officials said that in the meeting, SP candidate Sudan Rawat was also present when the purported speech was being delivered, adding that we are also scanning the Rawat`s role in the matter.
Though a team is probing the matter, poll officials refused to share the video content. "We will proceed as per team`s report findings," the officer said.
Scores of people from Loni, Kela Bhatta, Muradnagar, Dasna, Pasonda and Masuri had attended the meeting organised by SP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him