SP polarising votes to win polls, even challenging the EC: BJP
Lucknow: BJP in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday accused Samajwadi Party (SP) of polarising votes to win the Lok Sabha elections and in the process its leaders were even challenging the authority of the Election Commission.
"Despite a ban by the Election Commission on Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister Mohd Azam Khan to hold rally, his speeches were being read in public meetings that spit venom of communalism," Laxmikant Bajpai, UP BJP President told reporters.
He said that the party would raise the issue before the Election Commission.
Bajpai termed as "laughable" the statement of BSP supremo Mayawati on BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi and said "in reality Modi made the ideology of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar the basis of his government in Gujarat."
Mayawati, while attacking MOdi, had yesterday accused him of indulging in politics of lies and betrayal and also said that he does not have much knowledge of history.
"BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate is a strange man. He says something and does something else. He does not have the knowledge of history. He presents wrong statistics in Bihar and Punjab)," Mayawati had told reporters here yesterday.
The former UP Chief Minister had also accused Modi of indulging in lies and fraud, and said "if such a man becomes the prime minister...The country would be in disarray and communal forces would be strengthened."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan