SP polarising votes to win polls, even challenging the EC: BJP
Lucknow: BJP in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday accused Samajwadi Party (SP) of polarising votes to win the Lok Sabha elections and in the process its leaders were even challenging the authority of the Election Commission.
"Despite a ban by the Election Commission on Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister Mohd Azam Khan to hold rally, his speeches were being read in public meetings that spit venom of communalism," Laxmikant Bajpai, UP BJP President told reporters.
He said that the party would raise the issue before the Election Commission.
Bajpai termed as "laughable" the statement of BSP supremo Mayawati on BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi and said "in reality Modi made the ideology of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar the basis of his government in Gujarat."
Mayawati, while attacking MOdi, had yesterday accused him of indulging in politics of lies and betrayal and also said that he does not have much knowledge of history.
"BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate is a strange man. He says something and does something else. He does not have the knowledge of history. He presents wrong statistics in Bihar and Punjab)," Mayawati had told reporters here yesterday.
The former UP Chief Minister had also accused Modi of indulging in lies and fraud, and said "if such a man becomes the prime minister...The country would be in disarray and communal forces would be strengthened."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know