SP polarising votes to win polls, even challenging the EC: BJP
Lucknow: BJP in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday accused Samajwadi Party (SP) of polarising votes to win the Lok Sabha elections and in the process its leaders were even challenging the authority of the Election Commission.
"Despite a ban by the Election Commission on Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister Mohd Azam Khan to hold rally, his speeches were being read in public meetings that spit venom of communalism," Laxmikant Bajpai, UP BJP President told reporters.
He said that the party would raise the issue before the Election Commission.
Bajpai termed as "laughable" the statement of BSP supremo Mayawati on BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi and said "in reality Modi made the ideology of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar the basis of his government in Gujarat."
Mayawati, while attacking MOdi, had yesterday accused him of indulging in politics of lies and betrayal and also said that he does not have much knowledge of history.
"BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate is a strange man. He says something and does something else. He does not have the knowledge of history. He presents wrong statistics in Bihar and Punjab)," Mayawati had told reporters here yesterday.
The former UP Chief Minister had also accused Modi of indulging in lies and fraud, and said "if such a man becomes the prime minister...The country would be in disarray and communal forces would be strengthened."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: Stranger forcefully kisses girl in public, no one comes to rescue - See reaction
- Gold price climbs by Rs 120 to Rs 30,770 per 10 grams
- Fans bamboozled! John Cena posts Virat Kohli's picture on official instagram account, no reason cited
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian