SP spreading rumour, Mulayam will leave Azamgarh seat: Mayawati
Ballia: BSP supremo Mayawati today said SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav would vacate the Azamgarh seat if he wins from both the Azamgarh and Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituencies.
"Due to the fear of defeat, SP is saying that Azamgarh seat will not be vacated by Mulayam. But in reality, he will be leaving this seat and field a Yadav not from constituency, but from his own family," Mayawati said while addressing a rally here.
Mayawati had earlier said, "Mulayam is contesting from Azamgarh seat to please his second wife and pave way for their son Prateek Yadav."
She also alleged that SP government was misusing state machinery and spreading rumours because it knew that Mulayam would be defeated in these elections.
"There is a general discussion among people that Mulayam is going to be defeated in Azamgarh. SP men know the reality due to which they are misusing official machinery and spreading rumours," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city