SP won`t allow communal forces to form govt at Centre:Akhilesh
Kannauj: Alleging that Hindutva outfits VHP and RSS were trying to form a "communal" government at the Centre, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said his Samajwadi Party would not let it happen.
"VHP and RSS are trying to form a communal government at the Centre... SP will not let it happen and put all its strength to stop communal forces... This time there will be a Third Front government at the Centre," Yadav said addressing an election rally here.
Yadav said his party was in a good position in the state and win the maximum number of seats.
Without taking name, Yadav termed BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as "beimaan" (dishonest) and "chalu" (cunning).
"We asked the Gujarat government to give us 10 lions (for, but they have given only six and for that too, he (Modi) is doing so much propaganda... You also should be aware of cunning people," Yadav told the gathering.
He was referring to a request made by the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh to the Gujarat government in 2012 for a few Gir lions for a proposed lion safari in Etawah, the constituency of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Alleging that BJP was trying to win seats by creating a false wave, the UP CM said that on ground they did not have any base.
He also alleged that BSP and BJP were hand in glove.
SP candidate from Kannauj and Akhilesh`s wife Dimple Yadav in her address asked the people to avoid those who are "selling dreams" to them, and make party supremo Mulayam as the next Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India