SP won`t allow communal forces to form govt at Centre:Akhilesh
Kannauj: Alleging that Hindutva outfits VHP and RSS were trying to form a "communal" government at the Centre, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said his Samajwadi Party would not let it happen.
"VHP and RSS are trying to form a communal government at the Centre... SP will not let it happen and put all its strength to stop communal forces... This time there will be a Third Front government at the Centre," Yadav said addressing an election rally here.
Yadav said his party was in a good position in the state and win the maximum number of seats.
Without taking name, Yadav termed BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as "beimaan" (dishonest) and "chalu" (cunning).
"We asked the Gujarat government to give us 10 lions (for, but they have given only six and for that too, he (Modi) is doing so much propaganda... You also should be aware of cunning people," Yadav told the gathering.
He was referring to a request made by the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh to the Gujarat government in 2012 for a few Gir lions for a proposed lion safari in Etawah, the constituency of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Alleging that BJP was trying to win seats by creating a false wave, the UP CM said that on ground they did not have any base.
He also alleged that BSP and BJP were hand in glove.
SP candidate from Kannauj and Akhilesh`s wife Dimple Yadav in her address asked the people to avoid those who are "selling dreams" to them, and make party supremo Mulayam as the next Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'