Lok Sabha polls 2014: Karnataka – State Profile
· Lok Sabha elections will take place on April 17 and counting of votes will take place on May 16.
· The state has 28 Parliamentary constituencies.
· The mail political parties of the state include Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Indian National Congress (INC), Janata Party, Janata Dal and Janata Dal (Secular) among others.
· Key politicians of the state include leader of Janata Dal (Secular), HD Deve Gowda, who was also the eleveth prime minister of the country and former chief minister of the state. Jagadish Shettar is another key figure in BJP and is known for his clean political image.
· Siddaramaiah is another prominent politician who has been elected as the deputy chief minister of the state twice. BD Yeddyurappa led the first BJP government in the state before parting ways with the party to create Karnataka Janata Party (KJP).
· In the upcoming elections, Congress will field Union Minister Veerappa Moily from Chikkballapur seat.
· According to pre-poll survey, BJP is slated to gain the most in the state upcoming Lok Sabha elections and will win maximum number of seats.
· Arvind Kekriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party will also make its debut in the state and has declared that it will field 13 candidates in the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi