Lok Sabha polls 2014: Karnataka – State Profile
Lok Sabha elections will take place on April 17 and counting of votes will take place on May 16.
· Lok Sabha elections will take place on April 17 and counting of votes will take place on May 16.
· The state has 28 Parliamentary constituencies.
· The mail political parties of the state include Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Indian National Congress (INC), Janata Party, Janata Dal and Janata Dal (Secular) among others.
· Key politicians of the state include leader of Janata Dal (Secular), HD Deve Gowda, who was also the eleveth prime minister of the country and former chief minister of the state. Jagadish Shettar is another key figure in BJP and is known for his clean political image.
· Siddaramaiah is another prominent politician who has been elected as the deputy chief minister of the state twice. BD Yeddyurappa led the first BJP government in the state before parting ways with the party to create Karnataka Janata Party (KJP).
· In the upcoming elections, Congress will field Union Minister Veerappa Moily from Chikkballapur seat.
· According to pre-poll survey, BJP is slated to gain the most in the state upcoming Lok Sabha elections and will win maximum number of seats.
· Arvind Kekriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party will also make its debut in the state and has declared that it will field 13 candidates in the elections.