The second-largest state in the country by area has 29 Parliamentary constituencies.
· The second-largest state in the country by area has 29 Parliamentary constituencies.
· Voting will be held on April 10, 17 and 24 and counting of votes will take place on May 16.
· The main political sphere in the state is largely bipolar with Indian National Congress (INC) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as the key players.
· BJP has been in power in the state since 2003. The party won an absolute majority in Assembly elections 2013 in which it got 165 seats.
· Prominent MPs from the state include senior BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj (Vidisha), Sumitra Mahjan (Indore) and Kamalnath, who is the MPS from Chindwara.
· Firebrand BJP leader Uma Bharti, who is contesting from Jhansi in up, has also served as the chief minister of MP.
· BJP`s Shivraj Singh Chouhan has been the chief minister of the state since 2005.
· Opinion polls have suggested that BJP will sweep maximum seats in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in the state.
· The state has a dominant Scheduled Tribe (ST) population in the state.
· The Congress party has been suffering from infighting which affected their results in the recent Assembly elections.