· The second-largest state in the country by area has 29 Parliamentary constituencies.
· Voting will be held on April 10, 17 and 24 and counting of votes will take place on May 16.
· The main political sphere in the state is largely bipolar with Indian National Congress (INC) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as the key players.
· BJP has been in power in the state since 2003. The party won an absolute majority in Assembly elections 2013 in which it got 165 seats.
· Prominent MPs from the state include senior BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj (Vidisha), Sumitra Mahjan (Indore) and Kamalnath, who is the MPS from Chindwara.
· Firebrand BJP leader Uma Bharti, who is contesting from Jhansi in up, has also served as the chief minister of MP.
· BJP`s Shivraj Singh Chouhan has been the chief minister of the state since 2005.
· Opinion polls have suggested that BJP will sweep maximum seats in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in the state.
· The state has a dominant Scheduled Tribe (ST) population in the state.
· The Congress party has been suffering from infighting which affected their results in the recent Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!