Stop ad featuring Hema Malini, Congress urges poll panel
New Delhi: The Congress Tuesday urged Election Commission to stop telecast of a commercial advertisement featuring actress Hema Malini, the BJP candidate from Mathura, for a water company, saying that it was violation of the model code of conduct.
KC Mittal, secretary of Congress` legal and human rights department, wrote to Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath saying that commercial advertisement of Hema Malini for a water filter company was being broadcast on various TV channels all over the country, including Uttar Pradesh.
"This is in violation of MCC and may kindly be stopped," Mittal said in his complaint.
In another communication to the poll panel, Mittal urged it to issue instructions to the chief electoral officer of Uttar Pradesh to provide adequate security to party candidate Nagma, who is contesting from Meerut.
"The crowd she is attracting requires special attention of the local administration to maintain law and order and for proper conduct of campaign by her," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends