Stop ad featuring Hema Malini, Congress urges poll panel
New Delhi: The Congress Tuesday urged Election Commission to stop telecast of a commercial advertisement featuring actress Hema Malini, the BJP candidate from Mathura, for a water company, saying that it was violation of the model code of conduct.
KC Mittal, secretary of Congress` legal and human rights department, wrote to Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath saying that commercial advertisement of Hema Malini for a water filter company was being broadcast on various TV channels all over the country, including Uttar Pradesh.
"This is in violation of MCC and may kindly be stopped," Mittal said in his complaint.
In another communication to the poll panel, Mittal urged it to issue instructions to the chief electoral officer of Uttar Pradesh to provide adequate security to party candidate Nagma, who is contesting from Meerut.
"The crowd she is attracting requires special attention of the local administration to maintain law and order and for proper conduct of campaign by her," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?