Stop ad featuring Hema Malini, Congress urges poll panel
New Delhi: The Congress Tuesday urged Election Commission to stop telecast of a commercial advertisement featuring actress Hema Malini, the BJP candidate from Mathura, for a water company, saying that it was violation of the model code of conduct.
KC Mittal, secretary of Congress` legal and human rights department, wrote to Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath saying that commercial advertisement of Hema Malini for a water filter company was being broadcast on various TV channels all over the country, including Uttar Pradesh.
"This is in violation of MCC and may kindly be stopped," Mittal said in his complaint.
In another communication to the poll panel, Mittal urged it to issue instructions to the chief electoral officer of Uttar Pradesh to provide adequate security to party candidate Nagma, who is contesting from Meerut.
"The crowd she is attracting requires special attention of the local administration to maintain law and order and for proper conduct of campaign by her," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out