Surveillance team recovers over Rs 25 lakh from luxury car
Jaipur: A static surveillance team of election department on Monday recovered over Rs 25 lakh from a luxury car in Malviya Nagar area here.
It is suspected that the cash was to be used for the purpose of election by some candidate.
The car owner Kapil Chauhan could not explain the source of the money, following which the cash was handed over to Income Tax department for further action and investigation, District Election Officer Krishna Kunal said.
The team stopped and checked the car at Malviya Nagar check post and found the cash worth Rs 25.54 lakh.
Cash worth Rs 1.03 crore in total have been recovered so far in the district, in-charge of election expenditure monitoring cell, Arun Garg, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- OnePlus to open service centres in India, guarantees 1 hour turnaround time
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali pile pressure on visitors on Day 2