Surveillance team recovers over Rs 25 lakh from luxury car
Jaipur: A static surveillance team of election department on Monday recovered over Rs 25 lakh from a luxury car in Malviya Nagar area here.
It is suspected that the cash was to be used for the purpose of election by some candidate.
The car owner Kapil Chauhan could not explain the source of the money, following which the cash was handed over to Income Tax department for further action and investigation, District Election Officer Krishna Kunal said.
The team stopped and checked the car at Malviya Nagar check post and found the cash worth Rs 25.54 lakh.
Cash worth Rs 1.03 crore in total have been recovered so far in the district, in-charge of election expenditure monitoring cell, Arun Garg, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living