Surveillance team recovers over Rs 25 lakh from luxury car
Jaipur: A static surveillance team of election department on Monday recovered over Rs 25 lakh from a luxury car in Malviya Nagar area here.
It is suspected that the cash was to be used for the purpose of election by some candidate.
The car owner Kapil Chauhan could not explain the source of the money, following which the cash was handed over to Income Tax department for further action and investigation, District Election Officer Krishna Kunal said.
The team stopped and checked the car at Malviya Nagar check post and found the cash worth Rs 25.54 lakh.
Cash worth Rs 1.03 crore in total have been recovered so far in the district, in-charge of election expenditure monitoring cell, Arun Garg, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"