Sushma Swaraj a `hawa hawai` candidate: Jaiwardhan Singh
Vidisha: Congress MLA Jaiwardhan Singh on Sunday said sitting BJP MP Sushma Swaraj has "neglected" people of her constituency for long, which has affected development of the area.
"Sushma Swaraj has neglected people of Vidisha. She is a leader who has not spent much of her time in her constituency because of which the condition of the district is not improved since last 10 years," Jaiwardhan said addressing a rally in support of his uncle and Congress candidate Laxman Singh.
Jaiwardhan, son of AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh, termed Swaraj as a "hawa-hawai" (a leader without much base) leader and alleged that in the last 10 years, the condition of the constituency, specially roads, has become worse.
Later, talking to reporters, Jaiwardhan dismissed the talk of dynastic politics on the ground that none of his family members ever contested from Vidisha except for this time.
He said the Rajgarh Lok Sabha candidate and sitting MP Narayan Singh Amlabe too did not belong to his family.
Taking a dig at Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he said though the former describes himself as a farmer`s son, he is not bothered about distributing compensation to rain/hail hit farmers.
"Even those farmers whose soybean crop was damaged sometime back have not yet received any financial support," Jaiwardhan alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued