Sushma Swaraj a `hawa hawai` candidate: Jaiwardhan Singh
Vidisha: Congress MLA Jaiwardhan Singh on Sunday said sitting BJP MP Sushma Swaraj has "neglected" people of her constituency for long, which has affected development of the area.
"Sushma Swaraj has neglected people of Vidisha. She is a leader who has not spent much of her time in her constituency because of which the condition of the district is not improved since last 10 years," Jaiwardhan said addressing a rally in support of his uncle and Congress candidate Laxman Singh.
Jaiwardhan, son of AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh, termed Swaraj as a "hawa-hawai" (a leader without much base) leader and alleged that in the last 10 years, the condition of the constituency, specially roads, has become worse.
Later, talking to reporters, Jaiwardhan dismissed the talk of dynastic politics on the ground that none of his family members ever contested from Vidisha except for this time.
He said the Rajgarh Lok Sabha candidate and sitting MP Narayan Singh Amlabe too did not belong to his family.
Taking a dig at Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, he said though the former describes himself as a farmer`s son, he is not bothered about distributing compensation to rain/hail hit farmers.
"Even those farmers whose soybean crop was damaged sometime back have not yet received any financial support," Jaiwardhan alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February