Take a dip in Dal lake: Arun Jaitley to Farooq Abdullah
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Monday said "ethnic cleansing" in Kashmir was the "greatest failure" of secularism in India, asking National Conference leader Farooq Abdullah to take a dip in Dal Lake as a gesture of repentance.
Nobody needed to "jump into the sea" if Narendra Modi becomes the prime minister of India, Jaitley said in a blog published on Monday.
"...if Farooq Abdullah and his party were silent spectators when the Kashmiri pundits could not return home, he should as a gesture of repentance at least take a dip in the Dal Lake," Jaitley said.
In response to Abdullah`s comment that Kashmir will not remain with India if it becomes communal, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader called exodus of Hindus from Kashmir Valley the "biggest failure of secularism in India".
"The single greatest failure of secularism in India is within Abdullah`s own state of Kashmir. If India has witnessed an ethnic cleansing by having one community of the state, namely the Kashmiri pundits ejected out of the state, it has only happened in Kashmir," he said.
"India will never accept communal politics. I am glad when Abdullah said Kashmir will not accept communal politics. But will Kashmir offer the red carpet for the resettlement of the Kashmiri pundits," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof