Tamil Nadu: 90 percent cast votes in repolling
Salem: Nearly 90 per cent of total electorate cast their votes in repolling today at a booth in Edappadi Assembly segment, falling under Salem parliamentary constituency, officials said.
They said 355 of the total of 397 men and 341 of the total 375 women exercised their franchise.
Observer Sheyamala Iqubal and police officials were present during voting.
The Election Commission had yesterday ordered repoll in one booth in Edappadi Assembly segment following malfunction in an Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) used there during polling on April 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani