TDP, BJP join hands in Andhra; reach consensus on seat-sharing
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha and Assembly elections, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) parties joined hands and officially announced their electoral alliance and seat-sharing in Andhra Pradesh on Sunday.
The alliance was announced by TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar during a press conference.
After days of discussion, BJP will contest on eight Lok Sabha seats and 47 Vidhan Sabha in Telangana and five Lok Sabha seats and 15 Vidhan Sabha in Seemandhara region, sources have said.
Terming the TDP-BJP alliance as "lucky one," Naidu later tweeted that TDP had benefited from the alliance in the past as well and agreed with the merger for the welfare of the nation.
State benefited when we allied with NDA in the past. In the same spirit, we sealed a deal with BJP today for nation. INC to be wiped out.
— N Chandrababu Naidu (@ncbn) April 6, 2014
Elections to 119 Assembly and 17 Lok Sabha seats in Telangana are scheduled for April 30 while 175 Assembly and 25 Lok Sabha constituencies in Seemandhra will go to polls May 7.
While the formal announcements were being made, TDP workers were raised slogans against the alliance outside the residence of party chief Chandrababu Naidu in Hyderabad.
"Modi is a development man. Irrespective of religion, region and communities, Modi is being supported. Our goal is Congress free India and corruption free India," said Naidu, who had supported the earlier NDA government at the Centre but parted ways due to TDP`s objections on the Gujarat riots` issue, the PTI reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'