TDP, BJP still thrashing out seat-sharing issues
Hyderabad: Alliance partners Telugu Desam Party and BJP continued to grapple with the contentious issue of seat sharing till late Tuesday night.
The BJP is yet to announce its candidates for 47 Assembly and 8 Lok Sabha seats it will be contesting while TDP has to announce its nominees for 45 Assembly and 8 Lok Sabha seats.
TDP had announced its first list of 27 Assembly and three Lok Sabha candidates yesterday.
TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu and BJP Telangana unit President G Kishan Reddy were closeted in talks at the former`s residence late this evening, sources said.
TDP`s list was ready but it stopped short of announcing it as issues with BJP were being sorted out, sources added.
The Naidu-led party is said to be facing internal dissension as some senior leaders insisted on Lok Sabha tickets, though the party is interested in fielding them for Assembly.
Incidentally, TDP and Lok Satta Party could not reach any understanding over the Malkajgiri Lok Sabha constituency.
As such, LSP national president N Jayaprakash Narayan will fight the election on his own with TDP candidate also in fray.
Both BJP and TDP are expected to announce their lists by early Wednesday morning, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand