TDP, BJP still thrashing out seat-sharing issues
Hyderabad: Alliance partners Telugu Desam Party and BJP continued to grapple with the contentious issue of seat sharing till late Tuesday night.
The BJP is yet to announce its candidates for 47 Assembly and 8 Lok Sabha seats it will be contesting while TDP has to announce its nominees for 45 Assembly and 8 Lok Sabha seats.
TDP had announced its first list of 27 Assembly and three Lok Sabha candidates yesterday.
TDP supremo N Chandrababu Naidu and BJP Telangana unit President G Kishan Reddy were closeted in talks at the former`s residence late this evening, sources said.
TDP`s list was ready but it stopped short of announcing it as issues with BJP were being sorted out, sources added.
The Naidu-led party is said to be facing internal dissension as some senior leaders insisted on Lok Sabha tickets, though the party is interested in fielding them for Assembly.
Incidentally, TDP and Lok Satta Party could not reach any understanding over the Malkajgiri Lok Sabha constituency.
As such, LSP national president N Jayaprakash Narayan will fight the election on his own with TDP candidate also in fray.
Both BJP and TDP are expected to announce their lists by early Wednesday morning, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees