Telangana: TRS puts up a sterling LS show; Jaipal Reddy loses
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti has put up a sterling performance, winning 11 of the 16 Lok Sabha seats in Telangana, whereas Congress managed to bag just two.
TRS supremo K Chandrasekhar Rao won from Medak, while his daughter Kavitha won in Nizamabad. B Vinod Kumar (Karimnagar) and Konda Vishweshwar Reddy (Chevella) are among the other prominent winners from the party.
Union Ministers S Jaipal Reddy (Mahbubnagar) and P Balaram Naik (Mahabubabad) were defeated by their TRS rivals in Telangana. The new state has a total of 17 Lok Sabha constituencies.
Allies TDP and BJP have won one seat each.
The All Indian Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president and sitting MP Asaduddin Owaisi retained his Hyderabad seat.
Senior BJP leader B Dattatreya won from Secunderabad, defeating sitting Congress MP Anjan Kumar Yadav.
The result from Kalwakurhy Lok Sabha seat is yet to be announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says