Third Front government at Centre after polls: Mulayam Singh
Balaghat: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav claimed here on Thursday that after the general elections, a Third Front goverment would be formed with the help of his party.
"After the elections, only a Third Front government would come to power at the Centre and that too with the help of the Samajwadi Party," Mulayam said, addressing a rally here in support of the SP candidate from Balaghat, Anubha Munjare.
Criticising BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said that his dream of becoming Prime Minister of the country would prove to be merely a "daydream", since the BJP will not be able to win a single seat in Uttar Pradesh.
"Except a few states, the BJP will get smaller number of seats in rest of the country. In Uttar Pradesh, it won`t be able to win a single seat. In such a situation, Modi`s dream of becoming Prime Minister will only remain a daydream," he said.
He said that the condition of Muslims is bad and they remain backward even today on the social, economic and educational fronts, which was also accepted by the Sachchar Committee report.
Later, addressing a rally in Seoni which is also a part of the Balaghat constituency, Mulayam alleged that Modi`s claim of development in Gujarat is hollow.
He claimed that after Samajwadi Party formed a government in Uttar Pradesh led by Akhilesh Yadav, the condition of power supply, water and roads had improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured