Third Front: Rahul is doing damage control, says Modi
New Delhi: Hours after Rahul Gandhi ruled out supporting a Third Front, BJP leader Narendra Modi said the Congress leader has changed the track after realising that statements from several leaders of his party, about supporting such a dispensation, had "damaged" its poll prospects.
Urging people to vote for a strong BJP-led government in last two phases of polls, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate said Congress had already begun plotting about disrupting the future government as it was aware that it had lost Lok Sabha elections.
"They thought even if we lose, we will help Third Front. Several Congress leaders made such statements. When they realised that it was damaging them, then Rahul `bhaiyya` today tried to change it. They are shaken. They never thought that their house of cards will fall down like this," Modi said.
"You should recognise these people with malicious intentions. You should give mandate for a strong government. Send 300 lotuses (BJP symbol) to Lok Sabha," he added in a 3D address.
He also attacked Congress for aligning with Lalu Prasad.
"You have brought Laluji out of jail. I tell you that you could empty all jails in India of such people and contest election with their help but you will still lose," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter