Three candidates served showcause notice for violating poll code
Gurdaspur: Three candidates in Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency were Thursday issued showcause notices for violating Model Code of Conduct by organising rallies without taking prior permission from the Election Commission.
Assistant Returning Officer Vijay Sayal of Fatehgarh Churian assembly segment in Gurdaspur issued a show cause notice to Aam Aadmi Party candidate Sucha Singh Chhotepur from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, SAD leader Ajit Singh Randhawa and Satnam Singh representing All India Yuva Shakti Party.
They were directed to file a written reply within the stipulated time-period, an EC statement said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro