Three candidates served showcause notice for violating poll code
Gurdaspur: Three candidates in Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency were Thursday issued showcause notices for violating Model Code of Conduct by organising rallies without taking prior permission from the Election Commission.
Assistant Returning Officer Vijay Sayal of Fatehgarh Churian assembly segment in Gurdaspur issued a show cause notice to Aam Aadmi Party candidate Sucha Singh Chhotepur from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, SAD leader Ajit Singh Randhawa and Satnam Singh representing All India Yuva Shakti Party.
They were directed to file a written reply within the stipulated time-period, an EC statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir