Three candidates served showcause notice for violating poll code
Gurdaspur: Three candidates in Gurdaspur Lok Sabha constituency were Thursday issued showcause notices for violating Model Code of Conduct by organising rallies without taking prior permission from the Election Commission.
Assistant Returning Officer Vijay Sayal of Fatehgarh Churian assembly segment in Gurdaspur issued a show cause notice to Aam Aadmi Party candidate Sucha Singh Chhotepur from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, SAD leader Ajit Singh Randhawa and Satnam Singh representing All India Yuva Shakti Party.
They were directed to file a written reply within the stipulated time-period, an EC statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?