Three CRPF officials killed, 8 injured in landmine blast
Aurangabad/Patna: Three CRPF personnel were on Monday killed and eight other security officials injured when a landmine planted by Maoists in Bihar`s Aurangabad district went off while it was being defused.
The incident took place ahead of the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in the Maoist-affected district.
Deputy Inspector General of CRPF Chiranjeev Prasad told PTI in Patna that the three deceased were from CRPF and out of eight, excepting for the officer in-charge of Dibra police station Amar Kumar Chaudhary, seven hailed from the paramilitary force.
The deceased were Deputy Commandant Indrajeet and jawans - Pawan Dahia and T Punnarao, the DIG
Indrajeet was sent to Ranchi Apollo Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Prasad said.
While two critically injured CRPF jawans have been sent to Ranchi Apollo Hospital, the rest six including the OC have been rushed to Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College in Gaya.
Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said a joint team of CRPF and Bihar police was defusing the landmine planted by ultras in Dibra police station area of Aurangabad district when it went off.
The IG said two IEDs were recovered from the spot.
Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) S K Bhardwaj said the incident took place when the forces were defusing landmines.
Sources in the CRPF control room, however, said that while the CRPF team along with the OC of Dibra police station were on way for a search operation in a jungle near Gopal Dera village, the Maoists triggered landmines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why